Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Holiday painting thus far

First up, some proxies for RPG Soldaty in AT-43. GW plastic Cadians, with cut-down and drilled laser rifles to make them a bit chunkier. Also, I've used the spare Wargames Factory 'glengarry cap heads' from my Zulu War Brits. They look like forage caps, and fit the 'soviet feel' of Red Blok.


Unfortunately, the detail on the face sculpts isn't all it should be, so I had to accentuate the eyes with with a Devlan Mud wash before using the inevitable Army Painter quick shade. They look OK, though, and were considerably cheaper than the 'official' figs. As my mate pointed out, it makes you stop and think when you're looking at GW as the cheaper option...



Another long-term project has had a bit of a dust-off this week, French & Indian Wars! I finished off a few regulars for the Brits, and plan to finish off some French regulars later on this week. I've got some Rangers, some Coureurs du Bois and some Woodland Indians to do, plus a cabin and some fences. That should keep me busy for a while...







1 comment: